Questions to Ask Your Surgeon
When searching for a plastic surgeon, it’s important to do your homework to understand the procedure and to ask plenty of questions. With so many different options, it can be hard to decide what questions and concerns matter most. To make the process easier, we have compiled a suggested list of questions to ask your surgeon when considering a cosmetic procedure.
Important Questions to Ask
- Are you board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery? If yes, for how long? Do you hold any other board certifications?
- What postgraduate training did you complete prior to entering practice as a surgeon?
- How many times have you performed the procedure I’m considering?
- What procedure(s) do you specialize in?
- Where will the procedure be performed?
- What do I need to do to prepare for the procedure?
- What are the risks and complications of this procedure?
- Is there any reason that I would not be a good candidate for this particular procedure?
- Describe the technique you will use to perform this procedure?
- What type of anesthesia will you use for the procedure? Who will administer it?
- What happens if there is an emergency during my procedure?
- What can I expect during the recovery period?
- When can I resume normal activity as well as exercise?
- What are my options if I do not like the result of my procedure?
- Do you have a list of patients I can speak with?
Our team is happy to answer these and other questions when you come in for a cosmetic surgery consultation. These are all questions that are important to helping ensure you have a successful procedure and are pleased with your results. If you have any additional questions or comments, please contact us.